Smart Autonomous Solutions is looking for an Embedded Software Development Engineer to join our team developing a real-time system with world-wide market potential. We are willing to consider both full-time and contract arrangements.
- Responsible for the software design and development of a software-controlled radio transmitter/receiver and data capture system
- Analyze and develop software requirements based on system requirements
- Architect, design and implement system infrastructure
- Responsible for the Configuration Management System and development process
- Responsible for Software Release Management
- Install and configure the development environment
Who we are looking for:
- 5 years Embedded Software Engineering experience in a data communications, industrial control or related environment
- ANSI C Real Time programming experience
- Experience with software infrastructure and tools such as Eclipse, Texas Instruments ControlSUITE and Code Composer Studio IDE, JTAG and serial debugging.
- Experience with I2C and SPI to control RTC’s, EEPROMs, RF IC’s: PLL’s and AGC amplifiers
- Knowledge of Change Control Management systems such as PVCS, GIT, or similar tools
- Experience with defect tracking systems such as JIRA and Bugzilla
- Experience with state machine design and tools such as Quantum Leaps.
- Familiarity with developing embedded software on the following microcontroller: Texas Instruments C2000 Piccolo or similar MCU’s
- Knowledge of Control Loop Theory and understanding of high frequency pulse wave generation (PWM)
- Experience with sample and hold and data filtering techniques
- Experience with algorithm development as applied to real time control systems
- Experience with telemetry interfaces and Internet protocol for back-haul communications like RS232, USB, PPP, TCP/IP, SCADA or ModBUS
- Experience with Lab equipment and hand tools is a plus
This is a unique opportunity to bring a product to a market that is ready for wide-scale deployment. The company is located in Vancouver and is easily accessed by SkyTrain.
Please apply now with cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org